Danbury Lawyer for Probation Violations
Have you recently been accused of violating your probation?
If you have been previously convicted of a crime, such as a
drug crime, there is a chance that part of the penalty that you will be facing will
include probation. In these circumstances, probation will be given, often
in lieu of incarceration, and the convicted will be slapped with several
terms that they must adhere to. These terms can be strict, confusing and
difficult to follow.
Beyond this, it is important to realize that the prosecution will be waiting for you to mess up. At the slightest slip, they will pounce - slamming you with charges in a hope to have you pay the full price you avoided the first time around. Probation violations can come in all forms and can include such things as a failure to report to your probation officer, failure to appear before a judge or even just getting arrested for another charge, even if it is as simple as a traffic ticket.
Violation of Probation in CT
Examples of probation violation include:
- Failing to appear at a scheduled court appearance
- Failing to report to your probation officer
- Failing to pay court-ordered fines
- Traveling without permission
- The use, processing or sale of illegal drugs
- Committing other crimes
- Getting arrested
If probation is violated, the following will occur:
- Warning or Court Appearance Request - it is likely that you will be reported and receive a warning or be required to appear in court for an alleged violation.
- Deciding if Probation Was Violated - this decision-making process requires the judge to decide the severity of the alleged violation and the prosecutor to prove that the violation occurred.
- Sentencing - the judge will decide what consequences are required for the alleged violation.
Protecting the Rights of Danbury Residents
At Jowdy & Jowdy, we believe that all clients deserve to be treated with comprehensive and cohesive legal assistance in the wake of a criminal charge. If you have been accused of violating your probation, you will be at risk of going to jail - you cannot treat your future flippantly at a time such as this. It is therefore immeasurably important that you seek out the guidance of a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney from our firm as quickly as possible. With 40+ years of experience, you can be confident that if you work with a lawyer from our firm that we will stop at nothing in our efforts to help you protect your rights.
Contact a Danbury probation violation lawyer from our firm today!